I love reading the crazy things that happen around the sleepy town of Concord, as reported in the weeekly Police Logs from the Concord Journal. I've lived in a lot of places, some where most people wouldn't bat an eye if a carjacking were happening, but here in Concord the residents are easily spooked... Enjoy!

I'm proud to claim my own place in the town's log. Here's the what ended up in the newspaper when I was spotted taking pictures in the early morning hours:

    Sunday, Oct. 16 2005
  • At 1:23 a.m., officer on patrol reported a male subject on foot in the Milldam. Officer spoke with the individual, who was taking photos for a college course.

This blog entry will be updated with a selections taken from those logs.

    Week of June 12, 2006
  • At 11:45 a.m., a Simon Willard Road caller reported someone had dumped a bag of brush in her yard. (Why would someone call the police for this? Just pick up the bag and put it in the trash!)
  • At 11:38 a.m., staff from a Sudbury Road country club asked for police assistance with a squirrel that was stuck on a roof. The fire department was dispatched.
  • At 6:13 a.m., emergency crews responded to reports of a smoldering bonfire at White Pond.
  • At 11:48 a.m., a cellular caller reported a motor vehicle versus deer accident on Shadyside Avenue. The deer left the scene.

    Week of June 5, 2006
  • At 7:58 p.m., police received a call about a trespassing bather and his children at White Pond. When confronted the bather apparently got agitated and used profanity.
  • At 8:35 p.m., a Lexington Road caller reported a loose horse and carriage heading down the street. The horse was wrangled by its owner.
  • At 10:31 a.m., a Peter Bulkeley Road caller reported a three-legged pit bull and a Welch corgi running through her yard.
  • At 1:04 p.m., a Manuel Drive caller reported a former friend had posted her picture on a Web site. The pictures were not obscene, the caller said, nor were they appreciated. Police told the caller to contact police in Shirley, where her former friend resides.
  • At 5:19 p.m., a guest at an Elm Street hotel reported she was concerned about the children in the room above her because they had stopped making noise. In an apparently unrelated incident, she also reported heavy set male walking in the hallway. Then she asked for a phone number for the CIA because the FBI had been rude to her.
  • At 7:42 p.m., a resident walked into the police station with her son to report someone had sent the son unwanted instant messages while he as on the computer.

    Week ending July 25, 2005
  • At 8:45 p.m., a College Road caller reported finding dog feces in her mailbox.
  • At 2:50 p.m., a caller reported a male drinking a beer in a vehicle at the West Concord Plaza.
  • At 2:59 p.m., a caller reported a couple engaged in a "public display of affection" on a bench near The Concord Depot.
  • At 5:58 p.m., a Shore Drive caller reported youths swimming in White Pond.
  • At 1:21 a.m., a Shore Drive caller reported people being loud in the area of White Pond. Police found no one at the beach and placed a pair of sneakers, two pairs of sandals, a cell phone, three shirts and a belt into property.
  • At 7:28 p.m., a caller reported two vehicles weaving in and out of traffic shooting water guns at each other. State Police responded

    Week ending July 24
  • At 8:50 a.m., a caller complained of a subject going by the name "Nomar" looking for empty bottles and cans.
  • At 6:11 p.m., a Lowell Road caller reported two subjects acting disoriented in nearby cow fields.
  • At 3:14 p.m., pornographic material, including magazines, videos and discs, were found scattered along the side of Lowell Road.
  • At 7:42 p.m., received a call reporting youths swimming in White Pond.
  • At 12:51 p.m., a Maynard woman reported her brother, a Concord resident, fell victim to the "Nigerian Mail Scam." She reported he was contacted through the Internet and ended up depositing three fraudulent money orders into a bank account.

    Week ending July 17, 2005
  • At 10:20 p.m., an officer spoke to a Bedford Street resident about playing loud, profanity-laced rap music from his mother's mini-van
  • At 7:40 a.m., a Monument Street caller reported a tour bus trying to cross the Monument Street bridge.
  • At 11:17 a.m., a cell phone caller reported she had a verbal confrontation with two bicyclists on Laws Brook Road because they were taking up one lane of traffic by riding side-by-side.
  • At 2:34 p.m., a caller reported that while walking the trails at Punkatasset Hill, she encountered two adult males engaging in a sexual act.

    Week ending July 3, 2005
  • At 11:15 a.m., an Elsinore Street caller reported the theft of a "Children at Play" sign.
  • At 4:26 p.m., a Shore Drive caller reported several juveniles swimming in White Pond in violation of a town bylaw.
    (Oh, god! No! Children swimming in the forbidden White Pond! Book'em Danno!! )

    Week ending June 30, 2005
  • At 9:55 p.m., an Old Mill Road caller reported a loud house party.
  • At 4:09 p.m., a motorist called to report she had been stuck in traffic for more than 30 minutes in the area of Bedford Street and Old Bedford Road.
  • At 4:48 p.m., a motorist complained of the amount of traffic on Route 62 inbound to Monument Square She said she had been stuck in traffic for more than a half-hour.
  • At 1:05 p.m., a Thoreau Street caller reported about 12 teenagers loitering for more than 30 minutes.
  • At 3:03 p.m., an Elm Street caller complained of two male teenagers attempting to solicit money for a school trip to Spain and "used rude behavior."
  • At 10:01 p.m., a Belknap Street caller reported her house was just egged.... At 10:24 p.m., an officer reported an Elsinore Street house was egged.
  • At 11:06 p.m., a caller reported youths in the pool on Wright Farm after hours. Police responded and noticed the youths running in the woods. Police found the youths, discovered evidence of alcohol in the woods
    Week ending May 5, 2005
  • At 3:46 p.m., received call from a woman who said she found a drunk male in her car after exiting the Dunkin Donuts on Thoreau Street. Police placed the man into protective custody.
  • At 7:56 p.m., a Lexington Road resident reported his son received an e-mail containing threats and sexual references.
  • At 5:58 p.m., a Border Road resident called to report three cyclists failing to yield and occupying a whole traffic lane on Harrington Avenue at Old Marlborough Road.
  • At 9:40 p.m., a Valley Sports staff member reported 10-15 subjects gathered behind the building drinking beer and acting rowdy.
  • At 10:53 a.m., received a report of a Ryder truck stuck underneath a bridge on Main Street.
  • At 4:55 p.m., received a call from Emerson Hospital of an "out of control" patient.
  • At 7:17 p.m., responded to Wright Farm after an 11-year-old called 911. The 11-year-old and an 8-year-old had been arguing over the use of the X-Box. The 11-year-old didn't like the father's resolution so he was going to fake-dial 911, but then accidentally hit the button

    Week ending April 28th
  • At 4:47 p.m., received a call from a bicyclist reporting a verbal altercation between another bicyclist and the driver of a car in the Walden Pond parking lot. The verbal dispute was over who had the right of way.
  • At 6:23 p.m., a caller reported a boy throwing trash out of the back of the car as it was traveling down Route 117 by Sudbury Road
  • At 2:42 p.m., a Hubbard Street woman came into the station to report having received an e-mail on her computer regarding a money scam "Tsunami Tragedy" relating to a $12 million last of kin fund available for a proposed business partnership.
  • At 6:19 p.m., an Ash Street caller reported someone dug up his flower garden.
  • At 9:59 a.m., a Stow woman called police to report she had lost her white peacock. (maybe her peacock was the one reported in the April 21st logs below)

    Week ending April 21, 2005
  • At 7:19 a.m., received a call of a dead Canadian goose on Route 2 by the intersection with Main Street.
  • At 8:42 a.m., a Union Turnpike caller dialed 911 to report a peacock flew into her gated yard.
  • At 6:04 p.m., an Old Pickard Road caller reported a pink card taped to her mailbox asking her to vote yes on the Willard School at Town Meeting. The resident was concerned that if she had gone away, the card would have been left on the mailbox, revealing she was not at home.
  • At 10:46 a.m., a Walden Terrace caller reported a suspicious Middle Eastern male dropped something in the blue mailbox in Monument Square. The caller said he took an unusual amount of time and seemed to be careful about dropping the item into the box. The postal inspector was called to the scene and opened the mailbox, but found no suspicious package.

    Week ending April 14, 2005
  • At 8:33 a.m., an Elm Street caller reported two his boats floated away due to rising water levels. They were an old yellow fiberglass canoe and a double-ended rowboat.
  • At 8:26 a.m., a cell phone caller reported a wild turkey in the road at Barretts Mill Road and Lowell Road. At 11:11 a.m., another caller reported a wild turkey by Bedford Street and Monsen Road.
  • At 1:07 p.m., a caller reported two teenage females smoking while filling their vehicle with gas on Main Street. The vehicle was gone on arrival.
  • At 4:22 p.m., a CCHS student reported his graphic calculator stolen earlier in the week. (at my high school, this kid would have gotten beat up for reporting something so trivial)
  • At 6:15 p.m., a Minot Road caller reported a man "showing public displays of affection with his girlfriend." The man was spoken to.
  • At 2:41 p.m., a Main Street caller reported human feces and toilet paper found in her backyard.
  • At 7:53 p.m., an Emerson Hospital employee called to report a wild turkey on Route 2.