- Tue Sep 15 9:04 PM
- @iotashan @rukumar Shan meet Rupesh. Rupesh meet Shan. You guys should talk CF9 ORM. ;-) Rupesh, Shan works with me & has an ORM issue
- Tue Sep 15 8:51 PM
- No CF Admin DSN setting for isolation level, but u can add SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL <level> as u're validation query as workaround
- Tue Sep 15 5:36 PM
- Tue Sep 15 4:13 PM
- @berniedolan Yup, and I was on a downhill at 35mph, slowed to 15 then skidded to within inches as he made a blinkerless right turn
- Fri Oct 02 7:26 PM
- Ghosts of ColdFusion Past http://yfrog.com/3omigoj
- Fri Oct 02 4:40 PM
- @john_mason_ Thanks. Indeed, the server was under high load.
- Fri Oct 02 4:21 PM
- Ditto that! RT @awest: Working at home really blows. Not. http://bit.ly/UflXy
- Fri Oct 02 3:44 PM
- @charliegriefer Enjoy! Twitter is gonna have a melt down. #adobeMAX
- Fri Oct 02 3:12 PM
- Have you ever launched the ColdFusion Server Monitor and seen the buttons for Monitoring, Profiling, and Memory just not show up at the top?
Today is the 100th episode of the Online ColdFusion Meetup Group, a.k.a. CFMeetup, with Adobe speaker Josh Adams on the topic of ColdFusion as the ideal server-side data provider for iPhone applications. The meeting starts online at 12p ET; find out more here.
This special anniversary of the CFMeetup is made possible by Charlie Arehart, a tireless champion of the ColdFusion Community, who has worked very hard for several years now to improve the organization and execution of meetings and has strived to provide a consistent speaker lineup that give contemporary, meaningful presentations on ColdFusion related topics.
As the founder of ColdFusion Meetup, I'm honored to attend today's anniversary event. In 2004, Macromedia provided employees with unlimited Breeze Meeting accounts (now Adobe Connect) after it acquired Presidia, the original makers of the Flash based meeting software. As Breeze became widely used in Macromedia for internal company meetings, it occurred to me that I could make good use of my unlimited account by starting an online presentation series for the ColdFusion community of developers, and so I formed the Online ColdFusion Meetup Group. The first meeting was February 2005 where I convinced several members of the ColdFusion engineering team to take questions about the release of ColdFusion MX 7 from online guests. Participation grew as I attracted speakers on a monthly basis, and it became a consistent series that ran throughout the year. Later, as I moved from ColdFusion Support to the ColdFusion Engineering team working on Scorpio (CF8), Charlie happily took over the reigns to keep the momentum going... and how has he!
Now that I'm a software engineer at Webapper Services providing enterprise level ColdFusion consulting, among the special prize giveaways at today's CFMeetup, Webapper will be giving away a 2-server Enterprise license for SeeFusion - retail value of $600!
SeeFusion is a utility for monitoring and troubleshooting ColdFusion application servers. SeeFusion gives you the ability to "see" how your ColdFusion servers are processing requests in real time.
See you today at CFMeetup!
- Fri Aug 28 8:52 PM
- Why is it that ColdFusion must be started by a privileged user on every operating system but Mac? Hmph!
- Fri Aug 28 8:43 PM
- @shutupdanielle Could be worse, you could be in Bolton. 2 pizza shops, that's it. Nary a chicken wing in sight (really).
- Fri Aug 28 8:36 PM
- @mobarger Big city turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana
- Fri Aug 28 8:08 PM
- @styggiti Outside temp last night was 52F here, but not sure which is better lower temps or lower humidity.
- Fri Aug 28 5:43 PM
- ColdFusion 9 (& ColdFusion 8.01) bug for CF Multiserver's bin/cf-init.sh file. Please vote: http://bit.ly/MsgCT
- Fri Aug 28 4:56 PM
- Yep, verified the 3 issues with the Solaris part of the cf-init.sh boot script installer for ColdFusion 9. Oh, bugtracker.....
- Thu Aug 13 11:30 PM
- "All Washed Up", new photo in the Trash The Dress series. #photog #photoshop http://flic.kr/p/6Px1MC
- Thu Aug 13 2:48 PM
- RT @iotashan: queries in cfscript is as bad as doing queries in any other lang. cfquery will always be superior to Query() in ease of use
- Thu Aug 13 2:47 PM
- @Photocritic In digital imaging half the data is in highlights & can be recovered PDFs: http://bit.ly/1ReSZ http://bit.ly/11osFd
- Thu Aug 13 12:31 PM
- @stevei Great posing on Paige for the lying down, forward shot. Would have been nice to have some more crash to the waves. #TTD #Photog
- Tue Aug 04 9:57 PM
- Dream Collaboration: @wiseacre + @merkley + Sean Ellis (Cashback) + Audrey Tautou
- Tue Aug 04 9:01 PM
- Web form pet peeve: I enter info and tab to next field, except when next field is a State combobox then it skips to zipcode. Aarrrrgh
- Tue Aug 04 4:46 PM
- Can Hardware Load Balancers manage session affinity based on J2EE session ids? Wondering abt HWLB over 2 webservers each with JRun cluster
- Tue Aug 04 3:32 PM
- My Webapper colleague, Tyson Vanek, blogged a case study of how he improved ColdFusion performance 1000x: http://bit.ly/M2Kt1
- Tue Aug 04 12:14 PM
- Phenomenal portraiture: Check out Bill Simone #photog http://bit.ly/PYQRy (via @ScottKelby )
Undoubtedly, the ColdFusion Administrator settings for Request Tuning are critical to performance of Web applications running in the server. While reading the recent Adobe article on Performance Tuning for ColdFusion Applications I was surprised to find the content on this topic to be a little light. With that in mind, I set out to expand on the topic of the Request Tuning settings.
Foundations of ColdFusion Request Settings
To begin, let’s look at how the ColdFusion settings were configured in earlier versions of application server. With the release of ColdFusion MX 6.0 through versions 6.1 and 7, all editions of the ColdFusion server had one setting for Request Limits. This was referred to as the “Simultaneous Requests” setting. This single setting throttled the number of running requests to be processed concurrently. Should the running pool be fully occupied by requests that are processing but haven’t yet completed, the J2EE server underlying ColdFusion will hold requests in a queued request thread pool that are to be fed to the running request pool.
- Fri Jul 24 9:13 PM
- Thorough video tutorial for the special requirements of photographing actor headshots @LayersMagazine http://bit.ly/199Sn9 #photog
- Fri Jul 24 8:49 PM
- @jeffcrossphoto Yeah, @GuyWithCamera he kills me. Gonna tweet him for next week's #photog #FF
- Fri Jul 24 8:39 PM
- @jeffcrossphoto Yes, but how many #photogs are actually just #gwcam (guy with camera) (@GuyWithCamera)
- Fri Jul 24 6:33 PM
- @jshapiro1109 Thanks for the hint. I can't help myself from deconstructing things. :D #AdobeWave
- Fri Jul 24 6:30 PM
- The company that laidoff my wife in March just went bankrupt and laid the rest off, but severance checks are bouncing now. #whew #epix #pharmaceuticals
Receive real time notifications for updates on the blog aggregator ColdFusionBloggers.org with Adobe Wave. Just navigate to the ColdFusionBloggers website and click the badge in the lower right for Get alerts with Adobe Wave. Built on Adobe AIR, you can now use Adobe Wave as a single application to receive all your notifications in one place. Adobe Wave runs as a desktop application that sits in a corner of your screen.
The ColdFusion Bloggers website is created and maintained by the ubiquitous, prolific, and super nice guy Ray Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master. Ray was among the very first to utilize Adobe Wave for the benefit of the ColdFusion community of developers.
- Fri Jul 17 1:15 AM
- @scouten Fascinating! BTW, if u ever need LR3 beta testers, sign me up. (I won the Adobe contest for most bugs logged against PS Express)
- Fri Jul 17 12:59 AM
- @ashumittal Feeling a lot like Thursday night here! ;-)
- Fri Jul 17 12:52 AM
- @scouten Yikes! Didn't know that. A 4 year dev cycle must have been grueling (but finally rewarding)
- Fri Jul 17 12:43 AM
- @scouten Wasn't Lightroom 1 released Feb 2007? Macr/Adobe deal closed Dec 2005. Well, as Flex dev, my fingers are crossed for MXML in LR3
- Fri Jul 17 12:37 AM
- @scouten What got me thinking was PatchPanel which enables Flex developers to write plugins for CS4. WIshing could do that with Lightroom.
- Fri Jul 17 12:33 AM
- Passing the night by watching @benforta videos on ColdFusion 9 (again) http://bit.ly/Qz4Yv