TalkingTree Blog
Bell House (34 of 63)
 The Bell House was built in 1897 to contain two Shipman fog-signal engines which operated the fog bell. In 1999 these engines were replaced by a Stevens Striking Machine and a wooden tower was built to accommodate the weights which activated the striker.

 Use [F11] key for a better view
The Bell House was built in 1897 to contain two Shipman fog-signal engines which operated the fog bell. In 1999 these engines were replaced by a Stevens Striking Machine and a wooden tower was built to accommodate the weights which activated the striker.