TalkingTree Blog
The Wayside Inn, Grist Mill, and Martha-Mary Chapel
Formerly known as Howe's Tavern starting in 1716, the Taven was renamed after Henry Longfellow published a book of poems in 1863 about the Tavern. Longellows book is called "Tales of a wayside inn". Automobile manufacturer Henry Ford rebuilt the nearby Grist Mill in the 1920s. In 1923, Cora Lemon sold the Inn to Henry Ford, and Ford built the Martha-Mary Chapel on the site in 1940, just across the street from the Wayside Inn.

This gallery is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Created 12/4/2005 with snapGallery.