TalkingTree Blog
Porta Ferrisa (165 of 168)
 The 'Iron Door' was one of the doors of the second wall of Barcelona, built in the 13th century. The iron bar, one of the longitudinal measures used in the city, that was fixed to it, gave it the name, as well as the street that let to such door from the center of the old city, on the street Puertaferrisa (Iron door), were built at the beginning of the 16th century. The 'Casa Gralla', a beautiful building, disappeared when opening the street of the Duke of Victory and the 'Casa Pinos', owned by the Marquis of Barberà was also torn down in the middle of the 19th century. The construction of the Moya Palace (today Comillas) in 1774, caused the tearing down of the old door.

 Use [F11] key for a better view
The 'Iron Door' was one of the doors of the second wall of Barcelona, built in the 13th century. The iron bar, one of the longitudinal measures used in the city, that was fixed to it, gave it the name, as well as the street that let to such door from the center of the old city, on the street Puertaferrisa (Iron door), were built at the beginning of the 16th century. The 'Casa Gralla', a beautiful building, disappeared when opening the street of the Duke of Victory and the 'Casa Pinos', owned by the Marquis of Barberà was also torn down in the middle of the 19th century. The construction of the Moya Palace (today Comillas) in 1774, caused the tearing down of the old door.